MGI-COET, Shegaon has its own core values and practices which are considered to be fundamental and essential to study and practice of engineering. The institute maintains high standards of honor and integrity in professional development of both, students and staff. The code of conduct prepared by the institute serves the guideline to maintain ethical standards and it supports the institutional framework for achieving the Vision. It is expected that all the teaching, non-teaching staff and students should strictly adhere to the code of conduct mentioned in this document.
Institute believes that the code is a road map towards our mission and vision, so every employee should, ‘Know it and Live it’. The employee should read and understand this code so that they might readily distinguish any proposal or act that would constitute a violation. Each employee is responsible for his/her actions. Violations of this Code will lead to disciplinary action for employees including termination.
1. Smoking, Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy:
The possession, distribution and the use of illegal drugs/alcohol and smoking by employees and students of the institute is strictly prohibited as per the institute policy. An employee/student convicted for violation of the policy would face a strong disciplinary action which may include termination of employment with NO further notice and intimation and suspending enrollment of student from the college.
Employees of the Institute do not accept gratuities, courtesies, or gifts in any form from any person or persons, corporations, or associations that, directly or indirectly, seek to use the connection so as to secure favorable comment or consideration on any commercial commodity, process or undertaking.
3. Human Rights, Diversity, Preventing Sexual harassment and Violence in the Workplace:
Institute is committed to conducting all of its affairs with fairness and equity and fostering a unique and inclusive culture by providing a safe and respectful work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination, violence and other unwelcome behavior. In support of this commitment:
• Institute to give equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to religion, race, creed, caste, color, sex, disability, and age; if the person is qualified and able to perform the "essential functions" of the job with "reasonable accommodation."
• Institute will not tolerate any harassment on any ground. Sexual harassment of employees or students such as unwelcome sexual advancements, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of sexual nature at the Institute is prohibited and offender is dismissed or other disciplinary action is taken.
• Institute will not tolerate or ignore any kind of violence.
• Employee/student must immediately report any harassing, discriminatory or violent conduct, unsafe working conditions or any on-the-job-injury so that it may be properly addressed.
4. Confidential Information:
Some employees handle confidential information as they perform their duties. Such information is not to be discussed or made available to anyone until it has been approved for release by proper authority. Any person found using such classified information invites suitable disciplinary action against him / her depending on the severity of the matter.
5. Conflicts of Interest:
An employee of the Institute avoids actual or apparent conflicts of interest between his/ her institute's obligations/ responsibilities and outside activities.
6. Attendance and Dress code:
Employees are to be prompt in reporting to work on time in proper dress code decided by the institute. It is expected that employees will remain on the job until the end of the workday unless excused by the Head of the department an employee, who knows he / she will be absent from work on a particular day should report such anticipated absence to the Head of the Department. A record of tardiness and unexcused absenteeism may result in loss of pay or other disciplinary action.
• Teachers should follow the rules and responsibilities as per UGC Regulations, 2010 published in Gazette of India, Sep. 18, 2010, part III, Section 4.
• All the staff has to mention his/her signature on the attendance register.
• Use of mobile phone while in the class/practical labs is strictly prohibited.
• Those desiring to resign or leave the college for any reason must intimate the college regarding this at least one/three month in advance or he/she shall forfeit one/ three month’s salary in lieu of the notice for ad-hoc/approved staff respectively.
• All the works assigned to the teacher must be done with honesty and dedication. Any laxity in doing one’s duty shall be intolerable and disciplinary action may be initiated against him/her.
• No one may leave the college during college hours without the permission of the head of the department/institution.
• No one shall use the name or property of the institute for personal benefit or advantage.
• No one shall involve himself/herself in students’ strikes, riots or demonstrations without recourse to the due process.
• It is an obligation on a Non-teaching staff upon a request from a teacher, Head of the department/institution or officials, to submit reports and data or information timely without failure.
• All employees are governed by the conducts of college and are bound to follow rules and regulations set by the management from time to time.
• Student must abide by the rules and regulations framed by the institute and Principal from time to time.
• Students should come to the college campus in college uniform.
• The college is committed to the policy of zero tolerance with regard to harassment, intimidation, and discrimination of any kind of girl students on campus. If, any act of harassment/ intimidation/ discrimination of any kind towards girl students is found, severe penalty will be imposed on the perpetrators of such crimes.
• Ragging of the student is offence under Indian penal code. Any student found involved in this act will be punished as per the law
• The student is expected to read the notices put up on the notice board of the college regularly. The college is not responsible for any loss or damage caused to the student due to his failure to read the notices from time to time.
• Any change in the residential address of the student must be communicated to the office immediately.
• Student should carry their identity card while in the college.
• Teasing/harassment of fellow students are strictly prohibited in the college campus. Strict disciplinary action will be taken against students involved in such activities.
• Possession or consumption of narcotic drugs, tobacco, alcohol and other intoxicating substances are strictly prohibited in the campus and hostels. MGI-COET campus is a “smoking free campus”.
• Students should drive safely inside the campus as well as outside the campus.
• Student should not cause any damage to the institute’s property. The damage caused shall be recovered from student immediately.
• The student should have minimum 75 % attendance in each course.
• Students should keep the class room tidy. They should switch off lights and fans when they are not required.
• If the student is found weak in certain subject he/she will have to attend extra classes as notified and make the required progress to come at par with the other students.
• In case, a student remain absent for some reason, he/she will be required to take the prior permission of the head of the Department / Class counselor.
• Malpractices during all examination and tests will be taken seriously and disciplinary action will be taken against the defaulters.
• Students shall not entertain visitors without prior permission in the campus.
• Students are not allowed to convene any kind of meeting in the campus or any sort of fund collection without the permission of the HOD/ Academic Coordinator/Principal.
• Students who plagiarize may be considered to be guilty of academic misconduct.
• Silence shall be maintained in the academic premises of the college. Student’s behavior which interfere with teaching-learning process will not be tolerated.
Any student failing to observe this code of conduct, will be liable to the punishment decided by the college administration depending upon the gravity of the misconduct or its recurrence.