Entrepreneurship Development Cell
Entrepreneurship Development Cell of MGI-COET was formed on 19th August 2016, popularly known as ED Cell, is a non-profit student hub run by the enthusiastic staff and students of MGI-COET. It is established to foster the spirit of entrepreneurship and business acumen among the students; it accelerates the journey from an innovative idea to a commercial success by means of countless competitions, hands-on workshops and one-on-one mentoring. ED Cell of MGI-COET strives to be at the forefront by creating networking and funding opportunities for student’s start-ups while grooming and nurturing them. We envision the creation of leaders and visionaries who can disrupt the market space with their ideas.
ED Cell was formed with the following strategic intent:
Producing successful entrepreneurs imbibed with leadership qualities using innovative and ethical business practices to make global impact
- • To develop creative thinking skills and entrepreneurial abilities among students through motivation and awareness programs.
- • To develop aspiring entrepreneurs into ethical, dynamic and motivated business leaders.
Long Term Goals
- • To be an interface in building network among various institutions of learning & research and various industries.
- • To disseminate technical advances through informal educational techniques.
- • To develop business incubators.
Short Term Goals
- • To impart entrepreneurial education/skills amongst students through various trainings and exercise.
- • To arrange vibrant interaction with organizations promoting the cause of entrepreneurship.
- • To establish an incubation centre in various science & technology domains.
- • To kindle the sparks of young students & budding entrepreneurs.
Objectives of Entrepreneurship Development Cell-MGI-COET
- • To create awareness on Entrepreneurships among young students.
- • To inculcate Entrepreneurial Spirit and Culture among young students.
- • To organize camps, seminars, symposia, workshops, industrial visits, conferences, and other development programs.
- • To undertake research studies to identify high technology areas having entrepreneurship opportunities.
- • To provide complete technical and other services to small scale entrepreneurs.
- • To develop close links between industry-Institute by interaction programs. High priority to activities designed to bring about improvement in the performance of the industry.
- • To establish a platform for effective interactions among existing and budding entrepreneurs.
EDC performs the following activities at regular interval:
- • Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps (EAC)
- • Entrepreneurship Development Programs (EDP)
- • Faculty Development programs (FDP)
- • Skill development programs (SDP)
- • Vendor Development Programme(VDP)
- • Product Identification (PI)
- • Market Survey, tools for market research
- • Preparation of Business Plan and Project Report
- • Assistance in Preparing Technical feasibility Reports
- • Information about technologies available for commercialization.
- • Government schemes for technical entrepreneurs.
- • Interaction with existing entrepreneurs.
Activities Performed by ED Cell